Privacy & Cookies
(1) What we may collect
Personal information we may collect would be:
- name and company/job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests on yachts
(2) What we do with the information we gather
We may use the information collected to provide you with (including but not limited to) the following:
- the ability to use functions or features on this website
- a response to any query or feedback submitted by you
- specific information requested by you
and we may use the email address you provide to send you informative emails about yachts for sale and/or charter, purchase enquiries, chartering positions, our participation in exhibitions, and other news/information shipping related regarding products or services we offer that may be of your interest.
The personal information is used by us to communicate with you. The personal information supplied by you will be treated in confidence by us and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where your consent has been received or where permitted by law.
(3) Protecting your information
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, Go Yachting Inc has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
Go Yachting Inc is fully compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2016/679), which came into effect on May 25, 2018.
Cookies are designed in such a way as to keep your data and computer secure, as:
- they can only store a small amount of text
- all cookies have an expiry date
- they can only be read by the author that set them (though some websites allow third parties to set cookies on their sites)
- you can choose whether or not to receive cookies
- you can delete them from your browser
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. They are set by us and no other website has access to the data.
Links to other websites
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Go Yachting Inc's partner networks and affiliated companies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Go Yachting Inc does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2016/679) gives you the right to access information held about you, in accordance with the regulation. Any access request should be directed to us by email to Contact us .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible at Contact us .
Go Yachting Inc's GDPR Policy
Due to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2016/679), which came into effect on May 25, 2018, we want to inform you about how we handle data handling in Go Yachting Inc.
Clients and newsletter subscribers
Our most important database is of course our client register and newsletter and all relevant data is collected, such as names and relevant address information including e-mail, invoice addresses, website address, contact details and telephone numbers. No personal and purely private data, in addition to the name, will be collected in our records.
After you unsubscribe from the newsletter, we will delete everything.
We have personal and company contact information stored, for example, those who asked to receive or signed up for our newsletter. We never put in a person's data ourselves. We are particularly careful that in each email you have clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
We NEVER expose our members of registered readers of our newsletters and we do our utmost to keep the number of emails to a minimum.
We do not collect anything other than purely impersonal statistics from our website. There is no hidden data processing after such a visit.
We save all data in our database as long as we find them relevant, but obviously delete the data as soon as someone requests. We also respond with pure registry extracts about their own person, if desired.
This is best done by sending an email to Contact us or a call to our office number +30 211 101 6617.
By signing up as a subscriber of our newsletters or requesting other relevant information from us or offer your personal data and details to us, you agree that we will handle your personal information in accordance with the above.
- You are entitled to, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, at any time request access to the personal data processed. You also have the right to have incorrect personal information about you rectified, request the deletion of your personal data, the limitation of our processing of your personal data, exercise your right to data deprivation and object to the processing of your personal information.
- If treatment is based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent for treatment at any time.
- If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact Contact us or call +30 211 101 6617.
- You also have the right to lodge complaints with the appropriate regulatory authority at any time if you believe that your personal data is processed in violation of applicable data protection legislation.